Whoever tells you that ‘you don’t is lying’.
Relationships are REALLY REALLY hard
Love isn’t being who you are 100% throughout the relationship. Love involves:
- Learning to put the toilet seat down
- Learning to wash up after yourself
- Doing the washing even after a hard day’s work
- Learning to say the right things even when you don’t want to
- Learning to listen, and not talk
- Understanding that there isn’t always a solution other than just being supportive
- Knowing sometimes you need to walk away from an argument
- Knowing that sometimes the right thing to do is just accept being ‘wrong’
- Knowing that the person you love will also drive you insane sometimes
- Knowing that there will be moments you will get bored of him/her but that lust doesn’t last a lifetime
Love is waking up next to the same person after 35 years having seen them piss/shit/fart/floss/cry/puke and still being committed until ‘the end’.
Most of us can’t handle that kind of change.