It sounds like you are ‘Living with a Black Dog’. This is a wonderful book that communicates a very very effective model of what depression is.
Buy it (2nd hand it’s <$5 on Amazon w/packaging costs).
I’ve been depressed and have lived with a ‘Black Dog’ myself.
I am wary of offering advice as it’s what people have a tendency to do.
‘Be around people’ ‘Cheer up’ ‘Get some fresh air’ type of stuff.
What I can say is:
- It is an illness and more than just a ‘bad mood’
- Most of us experience it at least once in our lives
- You are not alone
- It is a condition that is hidden in plain sight. We meet depressed people everyday and never know it
What could help is:
- Reading up on depression
- Seeing a doctor
What you must know is:
- Not all around you will understand
- Buy them this book – of The Black Dog. Or YouTube it
- You can get better
- You posted here on Quora – you are already on you’re way
And keep fighting.