My friend would tell me to ‘grow a pair’ if I was to repeat to him what you’re writing about here.
Results start with action. And failure is sometimes the result of action. But the success is to be found in trying.
So some practical tips to get around this:
- Spend a week with someone who DOESN’T quit
- Watch them, live with them, analyse them
- Go for a run. 5km in one direction. Then if you ‘quit’. Quitting will still involve walking back
- Publicly commit to something
- Financially commit to something (book a flight/course/buy a product)
Basically throw everything at the wall that involves ‘commitment’ and see what sticks.
Of course. This does involve committing to commitment. And only you can give yourself that.
And so then we return to the advice of my friend.
Grow a pair 🙂