Of the following
- Reading ( Competitor Research, Industry Trends)
- Writing (Blogging/Whitepapers)
- Speaking (Presentations, Podcasts, Interviews)
- Listening (Survey’s, Customer Research)
- Technical (Video Production/Audio/Programming/Music)
Pick your strongest skill. Map out things you are good at in connection with that (in parenthesis I provided some examples).
Now go out and find some interesting industries – and then some interesting SMALL (to enable fast responses) companies.
Offer to work for them for free in an area you are good at – that you believe you can help them with. Pick 10 companies to speak to.
Call/Email them. I guarantee you one of them will say ‘yes’.
And down the rabbit hole you will go.